jimmy asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 3 months ago

support at 55% for Scottish independence what do other Countries thing about a independent Scotland?

Independence is an out dated idea. Globalization has introduced the idea of interdependence. 

https://www.pearsonhighered.com/assets/samplechapt...

It is better they remain in the union.

• Al

I sadly don't know enough about the history of the two because American schools have failed to teach the children from a neutral position of world history, I think our creator made all humanity to be free of bondage in general, so my position always sides with the power of peoples basic human right to exist on this earth without being subjected artificial hierarchies and rulers that enslave the masses for the benefit of few, America's independence from British Rule and Taxation is what made America great, but International Bankers found a path back to taxation through labor in America, so in a sense we lost our independence in 1913, The masses just hasn't caught on yet.

• Ann

I don't support it as a person who's grandparents came from Glasgow. The English wanted it so badly, let them pay for armies and currencies and everything else that an independent country needs to cover.

Nobody really cares. Scotty can keep doing scotty. Just keep producing toilet paper.

• Buzz

I personally don’t want it to happen but if it must then it must. SNP going to keep pushing it till it happens. No matter what referendum results say. I just want them to make a decision once and for all so we can all get on with it. 

It would save the English tax payers a lot of money. Would be interesting to see how long they lasted.

What does it matter what other countries think. Scotland will never get independence 

I would go to live there. Nicola Sturgeon and Ian Blackford would make much better leaders than Boris Johnson and his bunch of incompetents.

England thinks, yes please.

As for the 55% figure, is that among snp voters?

As usual the anti English (living in England) claim they will move to Scotland if it gets independence (why not now?), just as they were rushing to Ireland if brexit vote went the ‘wrong way’ (still here and still moaning).