Will a person go to hell in this situation?

They were committing a mortal sin on a day to day basis, then Co-vid came and they couldnt get to confession but they forsaken the sin and prayed for forgivness?

Update:

16 Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.[a]

Update 2:

or you can just make fun of the person instead of praying for them

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago
    Favourite answer

IF A PERSON CANNOT GET TO CONFESSION AND THEY ARE IN THE STATE OF MORTAL DEADLY SINS. THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY TO BE FORGIVEN AND THAT IS A PERFECT ACT OF CONTRITION. BUT IT MUST BE DONE WITH A HUMBLE AND SINCERE HEART>>>>

"OH MY GOD I AM SORRY FOR HAVING OFFENDED YOU FOR YOU ARE ALL GOOD AND DESERVING OF ALL MY LOVE, MY GOD HAVE MERCY ON ME, IN JESUS NAME"

IF DONE IN THIS MANNER, JESUS WILL FORGIVE YOU INSTANTLY.

• Without confession, it is necessary to have a PERFECT CONTRITION, which is a difficult thing to do.

In order to do so, it is necessary to repent of all mortal sins committed fully and correctly, hating with all strength the sins committed because it has offended God. It cannot be for fear of hell, it cannot be a slight repudiation, it cannot be a simple desire to receive communion. Confession makes it possible to obtain forgiveness with these wills and fears, but not in Perfect Contrition. For it, it's necessary to repudiate sin because has offended God, to repudiate by your own nature, it is necessary to repudiate yourself for having done these sins, for being a sinner.

It looks easy, but put your knee on the floor and try to do that. It's not easy.

And, in addition, it is necessary to have the will to confess as soon as possible.

If you have the possibility to confess the next day after the Perfect Contrition and you did not confess out of laziness, "leave it for another day", it is a sign that the contrition was not perfect.

A soul with perfect contrition hates sin with all its strength because it offends God, hates itself, and wants to confess as soon as possible, those are the requirements.

If you can do this, yes, it is possible to obtain God's forgiveness, and die without any mortal sin in the soul.

But, good luck getting it done.

I don't speak english very well. If you find any errors, it's because English isn't my language. Thank you for understand.

• 4 months ago

They would also have to make amends for their sin, including paying their debt to society, and replace the sin with good works.

• 4 months ago

That remains a judgment call for Jesus, alone.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 months ago

Repent- change one's way of thinking.

It seriously makes the atheists mad that it is so simple.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Praying the Act of Contrition and asking forgiveness with all your heart and soul is just as good as absolution. Absolution isn’t a sure-thing. If you aren’t intent on avoiding sin, it doesn’t count. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.