How did you first come to believe in God?

• Olive

Since was about 7 years old or so when first start going to church

• Paul

The same way I began to know about all the important aspects of human life - by the guidance and teaching of my parents.

I was indoctrinated from birth into Christianity.

I was homosexual in middle school and Jesus told me to stop it and get some help.

i do not recall a time in my life that i did not believe in God.

• ?

God exists.  A person can know this with certainty by way of having true devotion to the Virgin Mary.

Here is the truth: The Lord Jesus Christ is God. Nobody can be good enough to avoid hell. The truth is that death leads to immediate heaven or hell, depending only on whether the person believed on the Lord Jesus Christ, or not. The truth is that the Lord Jesus Christ loves you and wants to bless your life freely :) Most of all, Jesus wants you with Him forever, and not in hell.

.

Believing on the Lord Jesus Christ means being forgiven all sins past and future and means going to heaven. The truth is that every belief except one will lead to eternal torment in the lake of fire for every person. Because nothing pays for our sins except the death and blood of Jesus, the sacrifice of Jesus that is already accomplished by Him . Jesus loves you! The truth is that the Lord Jesus Christ is God, and Jesus died on the cross to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus was buried, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead. Nothing else pays for our sins, not works, not deeds, not religions. So the only way to heaven and to avoid hell, is by believing on Jesus for eternal life (John 6:47), without adding any of your own works (Romans 4:5). Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ to take you to heaven, and you will be in heaven, no matter what, guaranteed. That easy, thanks to Jesus! Tell Jesus that you thank Him that you will be with Him in heaven.

My parent made that decision for me before I was born

I stopped believing in that nonsense around age 10.

Atheism is for mature adults... 

• ANON

Asking for help in desperation and receiving help as if from thin air

• Robert

Out of desperation.

My parents were brainwashed by their parents to believe in god.  They in turn brainwashed me when I was little.  A child tends to believe what their parents tell them.  It wasn't until my mid-teens that I began to realize that the dogma associated with god didn't actually make any sense if you think about it.  It wasn't until my mid-twenties that I realized that actually the idea of god itself doesn't make much sense either.  It's not just the dogma.