Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

Mom doesnt spend any time with me when I go visit?

I go over to my parents house at least once a week. I am almost married for a year. However, my mom is at work when I go over. Dad is retired and he loves seeing me go over to hangout with him and visit. Everytime mom comes home she looks at my dad then looks at me and then back at my dad saying “oh i got 3 clients i have to go upstairs” then she says “hi baby” but then proceeds to go upstairs. Everytime I visit. I visit on different days of the week and it is the same thing over and over. I feel like shes ignoring me because everytime she goes upstairs my dad tells me he is going to take me home.

But yet even though I am married i get occasional text messages from her saying “you up?” Not a good morning not a hello sweetheart or stuff mothers say its “you up?”

What can I do? I feel like this everytime I go over no matter what day of the week it is. :(

Perhaps she's surprised to see her adult married daughter hanging out at their house so often. I would be. 

maybe you should talk to your mother about it

Visit earlier during the day while mom is at work instead of scheduling your visits when you know she'll be coming home from work. Now, about being "almost married"....

Why, do you think, might she be avoiding you? Unusual situation.  Has it always been this way? Maybe she needs more privacy than you are giving her? You seem to be there frequently , regularly, and maybe its just a bit much for your mom.  What did you mean, saying that she goes upstairs to see clients?  For once,I'm stumped. You can write again,if you wish, and tell us more about the history and details of your situation, perhaps we will then have a better understanding and can best advise you.