Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 month ago

Why are guys these days like this?

They are like women, petty and vain. The only real guy I met was a guy working on a ship who took my suitcases without me asking for his help, let me pass with an expired pass and when I asked him to change the temperature if the air conditioning he told me to follow him and took me to a better department with some families with kids in it where it was warmer and there wee seats to sleep on. I met him the next day and thanked him, he smiled and wished me a nice holiday. He was basically the only good interaction with a giyI ever had. He was even much more handsome then all the others and didn't show off.

If your measure of a man is that he'll let you get away with skirting regulation and that'll he'll schlep your stuff for you, the problem isn't men, it's you. 

I know and their shallow too.

• Bill

I expected you to be talking about how men these days are petty and vain, but instead you spent the majority of your post talking about some chivalrous guy. Did you lose focus of what you were going to say or am I missing something? 

In any event, young men are no longer chivalrous to a large degree because society decided that women should be treated as equals to men. Personally, I enjoy being chivalrous, so I'm chivalrous, but most guys my age and younger are not. 

Just cause men don't kiss your azz and shower you with gifts, it doesn't make them selfish. You're just another entitled princess, demanding special privileges and all.     

You were blessed to encounter someone like that.  He's an exception, for sure.  Guys these days are selfish and greedy, lazy and irresponsible, focused on gratifying their own pleasures (of all kinds) and don't care about anyone but themselves.  They are typical of what the Bible says men will act like in the Last Days.  "But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come:  For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,  unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good,  traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,  having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!" 2 Timothy 3:1-5  You can't expect anything better.  Your goal should be to make sure you are ready for the world to end.  Make sure you have a good relationship with God, have accepted Jesus as your personal Savior, and have put away all the things that drag you down from living a noble life.  Read the New Testament, especially the Epistles, to understand what character flaws you need to correct, and how to do it.