if i get a copy of my birth certificate from my school, is that considered a certified copy that i can use to get a state ID in georgia?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

No. A certified copy comes from the government office in charge of issuing them.

• Marvin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Birth certificates are not issued by schools.

• Judith
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

IF your school has a copy of your birth certificate, it wouldn't be a certified copy.   If you want a certified copy of your birth certificate (and you do) you get it from either the county clerk's office of the county of your birth or from your state vital records office of the state of your birth.  Info on both is online as to cost and how to obtain one.

Probably faster to get it from the county clerk's office; they aren't usually as busy as they would be at the state level.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

A certified birth certificate is actually notarized.  This can only come from Department of Vital Records in the city where you born.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

You have given your birth certificate to your school? This post makes no sense.

• 2 months ago

It would be a very rare school to be also the OFFICIAL state keeper of birth records.  Which doesn't happen in the US state of Georgia.  The only sources are the Georgia Department of Public Health, or a County Board of Health. The cost is $25. The certificate will have a raised seal and be printed on security paper (not just a photo copy).

• Bruce
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

A certified copy can only be obtained by contacting the keeper of the original record. There is some information, including a phone number, at this link:

https://www.wikihow.com/Obtain-a-Copy-of-Your-Birt...

• 2 months ago

No that is not a certified copy.   A certified cooy comes from the health dept or vital records

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No................

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.