How to shut my car radio off?

I just bought a 2020 equinox, and when I turn the engine off the radio stays on for about five minutes Unless I open my door. 

I want the radio to turn off when I turn the car off. Is there a way to make this happen?

For the record, if you’re wondering why I don’t just open my door and close it again, it’s because the car beeps at me because it thinks I’ve shut the key inside. 🙄

I need help with my radio will be greatly appreciated!

Yes I can push the power button and turn the radio off, but the rest of the power in the car still stays on… Dash lights, etc. 🤦🏻‍♀️

The reason I sit in my car for over five minutes without opening the door is because I carpool for work, and sometimes I show up before the person who is driving. 

Congrats on the new car ! You need to read the owners manual. If you're new to "new" cars, there is all sorts of things you can do with programing the mirrors, seats, automatic windows, and the radio. Sorry I cant give you direct advice, but even after a few years with the new GMC, I still have to refer to the book for things. Good luck !

not only GM vehicles, Nissan too, You can not turn off unless you press On/off button (on nissan)

I spent a few minutes googling this, but there may or may not actually be a way to disable this function.

You might try scrolling through all of the menus on the radio and/or other screens (if applicable - my wife's Dodge Journey has a touch-screen radio, but also has another screen in between the speedometer and tach that contains other vehicle functions).

If you don't see it anywhere, you could always check with the dealership you bought it from, or contact the manufacturer directly to see if there is a way to make the radio turn off when you turn off the ignition.

As others have pointed out, you can always simply turn the radio off (or down).

• Ron

Bought a new car. Still clueless as to where the owners manual is

Turn off the radio doofus.  With the off and on button.

To the best of my knowledge, there is a button on the radio that will also power it on AND off.

I would't mess with it. What you doing sitting in the vehicle for over 5 minutes with out opening the door?! Too lazy to push the radio off button? Go ahead and mess up your wiring jojo.

• Rick B

Typically you can go into the settings and preferences and adjust this feature, along with how the lights function when you turn the car off, etc.

• night

Can you manually turn off the radio before you turn off the engine?

Press the power button on radio.