Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 month ago

Opinions on planned teenage pregnancy ?

What is your opinion on planned teenage pregnancy if both mother and father agree on it?

We are in jr. High and we have summer jobs. We’d probably wait until high school. I suspect he might have been the child of a teenage pregnancy bc his mom is younger than my mom and we’re both the same age. I’ve never had sex before, so it would be my first time if I did it in high school.

i think it’s fine as long as they don’t live with their parents, are financially independent and are in a stable relationship. 

Please please please don’t try to get pregnant at this age. There is ALOT to think about. Considering you actually raise the child and not your parents, you will never be able to go out and have fun, you will fall behind in school because of the intensity of being pregnant and having a kid, and it will make it a lot harder to achieve the dreams you may have. Not to mention that your bf will be in your life forever and while y’all may want that now, you never know how you’re gonna feel later. Do not make such a huge decision based on temporary feelings. 

• Edna

I think before two unmarried teenagers plan a pregnancy, they had better find out if their PARENTS agree to their pregnancy. I doubt that your parents will go along with that idea. 

You're both in junior high school and you both have summer jobs, but you think you'll wait until you're both in high school.?  Big whoop!! Do you REALLY think that two teenagers who are still in high school would be able to financially support a child?

All of my siblings had teenage pregnancies.

They all married at 18 and had babies by 19.

They also had graduated high school, moved out of mom and dad's house, and had REAL FULL TIME JOBS.

Don't be stupid.  You can WAIT at least until you are 18 and out of high school.  

• edward

Stupid.  I mean all parents dream of the kids graduating from college, falling in love, getting married, having children...in that order.  It’s hard enough raising kids, i can’t imagine doing it along with everything i did when i was in college too and having to balance a relationship that died because i was too busy to maintain it

• Jill

Don't be idiots. You can't raise a child on summer job money. 

• LizB

If you can support a child with zero (and I mean ZERO) financial help from your parents or public welfare programs, then do what you want.

If you are ready for parenthood, you should be able to make decisions for yourselves without caring what strangers on Yahoo think.

They are married, live independently, and have enough income to support their child? Go for it.

My husband's Grandma had exactly that situation at age18 when my husband's mother was born.

• Dze

mother and father of who lol .. im not supporting another diaper destroyer in my house lol ..