Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 2 months ago

How can I get married in a way thats special, privates and small guest list?

I am interested in having a small wedding

• Trish

Have a wedding with very few flowers and only a few guests at your church then go out to dinner afterwards.

No one has to have a large wedding or reception. It's purely a matter of choice.  

I know one woman whose son and bride got married with only the officiant and their attendants, and then went to the reception venue to be with the guests. (I worked with the mother of the groom, who claimed to have no idea why they wanted it that way)

• It's possible, but some venues don't do smaller weddings so you would have to find a venue to that can. As for special, that's up to you and what you think will make your wedding special.

My wedding was about 40-50 people, all family and friends. My wedding was held at a historic hotel. 

Step #1 is deciding what "special" means to you. Does it mean the location, venue, decorations, vows, ceremonial aspects, or something else? People get married while sky or scuba driving, skiing, or riding horses. They get married in hot air balloons, on sail boats, and on trails. They get married at beaches and mountain meadows and in corn fields. They get married at aquariums, libraries, museums and monuments.  

Unless you choose to be married in a public park, weddings are generally private.  If you want specific privacy, then you need to find an indoor location, rather than a beach or mountain top, or whatever.

Guest list is totally up to you and your fiance.  In the U.S., you need a marriage license, an officiant, and two witnesses.  If you want any other people, add them as guests. 

Book a small venue. Invite a small number of guests.

My wife and I were married on a Chicago beach at sunrise over Lake Michigan with a few friends, flowers, and a jug of Ripple wine. Breakfast followed at a Waffle House. They brought out a cinnamon roll the size of a basketball, covered with white frosting and a sparkler on top. Our son got married in a gazebo in the city park. Our daughter got marriedin a flower conservatory. All were especial small intimate weddings with the guests we loved.

At a courthouse wedding you can bring in a witness or two and that's all you'd need. The only factors that cause people to have large weddings are family expectations and the desire to show off. If neither of these are anything you have to cater to you can plan an extremely small wedding. If you'd like it to be religious you can always arrange to be married by your officiate of choice without any guests at all. 

• Jerry

You keep the guest list small by inviting only a few people and inviting each and every one of them by name.

You keep things private by refusing admittance to anyone not specifically invited. 

I don't quite understand the "special" part. It's your wedding day therefore already plenty special. 

Please provide masks and insist that people keep mouth and nose both covered, not just mouth. Please remind, even insist on appropriate distancing. You don't want people to get sick from your wedding. 

1,make sure ur bride is okay . and ready

2.court marriage.

3. u dont have to dress up.

4. not neccesary too much photos

5. bring fujifilm camera if possible ...just need 5 -10 film squares.. instant photos...smal and cute. private and in pocession of the bride only

Is now no good times to wedding a man 

Is the viruss is still killed in the people and you needexing to stay safes