Why does sin feel so good?

Even though it’s become my priority to actively avoid sin to the best of my ability, I still remember how good it felt to listen to sexual music, read sexual books and watch sexual movies.  To do whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted without shame or guilt; but to me, quitting sin is like giving up alcohol or chocolate.  It’s hard at first, because it gives you instant gratification, but you end up feeling healthier not doing it, even if it’s fun.  

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Sin usually is appealing.  That's why it's hard to resist the temptation to sin 😉  But as you said so well, "you end up feeling healthier not doing it, even if it's fun."

But I have two things to add, and they are as much for the others who have already answered here as you.  First *sigh* there ARE other kinds of temptations and sins besides the sexual kinds!   Have none of you ever been tempted to lie, to steal, to kill, maybe even done it?  It's amazing how many people out there who when they hear the word "sin," think about sex and ONLY sex.  You'd think lying, stealing, murder, etc., must not be sins, because they mostly involve what's between your ears, instead of your legs.

Second *sigh again* SEXUAL ATTRACTION IS NOT SINFUL.  HAVING SEX, ANY KIND OF SEX, WITH YOUR HETEROSEXUAL SPOUSE IS NOT SINFUL.

It's perfectly normal, and not sinful, to feel attracted to others from time to time, and as long as you don't act on your feelings, you haven't sinned.  It just means you have a healthy body, and red blood in your veins.  

The Lord HIMSELF created our bodies, remember?  And He created them complete with hormones, sexual organs and the capacity to use them for pleasure, your own AND your spouse's.  

So it's not HOW you have sex which is sinful or not, but WHEN and WITH WHOM.  A (heterosexual) married couple don't have to confine themselves to woman-on-top, "missionary position" sex; they can do whatever they like, PROVIDED both partners freely consent.   

It's really very simple:  within a heterosexual, monogamous marriage, anything goes 👍 Woman-on-top, oral, anal, role-playing, sex toys, etc.  Even bondage & domination, as long as it doesn't go too far.  (I personally draw the line there, as I don't think anything involving the infliction of pain is healthy).  

Sexual sins are common, for sure.  But it's a myth that anyone committing a sexual sin can't ever be forgiven.  It's also a myth that being a Christian means you can't enjoy sex.  Sure, you can, as long as it's with your spouse.   Nothing in the least bit sinful about that 😉

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Speak for yourself.

• 2 months ago

You've got some weird hangups...

• gillie
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Why are religious people so obsessed with sex?  They're either indulging in it all the time or feeling guilty about wanting to indulge in it all the time. Can't they think about something else for a while? There's a whole big world out there,  Why do believers think there's nothing but sex in the world?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • User
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Well...

not ALL sin feels good...right?

And if you think about it

most (not all) of the sin that feels good

can also be done without sinning

or can be replaced by something that feels good that is NOT sinning.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Sin is what you shouldn't do.  If it wasn't pleasurable, everyone would avoid it, and it wouldn't be a struggle.

• 2 months ago

Hebrews 11:25-27  King James Version

25 Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;

26 Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward.

• Sin is so beautiful, it takes you rocking in hell?

No one can be exempt from sin, it is written in the word of God that we are all sinners, who in one way, who in the other ..., but we have the grace of salvation if, we no longer sin. In order not to sin anymore you must always pray to God to give you the wisdom and strength not to fall into sin anymore, if you don't pray, sin is out there waiting for you, suggested by beauty, by the devil.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

To be saved, believe in the Lord Jesus Christ without works.  Once saved, believers still sin and still struggle with sin.  See 1 John 1:8.  The Lord helps of course.  As for heaven and hell, here is the truth: The Lord Jesus Christ is God. Nobody can be good enough to avoid hell. The truth is that death leads to immediate heaven or hell, depending only on whether the person believed on the Lord Jesus Christ, or not. The truth is that the Lord Jesus Christ loves you and wants to bless your life freely :) Most of all, Jesus wants you with Him forever, and not in hell.

Believing on the Lord Jesus Christ means being forgiven all sins past and future and means going to heaven. The truth is that every belief except one will lead to eternal torment in the lake of fire for every person. Because nothing pays for our sins except the death and blood of Jesus, the sacrifice of Jesus that is already accomplished by Him . Jesus loves you! The truth is that the Lord Jesus Christ is God, and Jesus died on the cross to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus was buried, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead. Nothing else pays for our sins, not works, not deeds, not religions. So the only way to heaven and to avoid hell, is by believing on Jesus for eternal life (John 6:47), without adding any of your own works (Romans 4:5). Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ to take you to heaven, and you will be in heaven, no matter what, guaranteed. That easy, thanks to Jesus! Tell Jesus that you thank Him that you will be with Him in heaven

• Seph
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You'll notice that some 'sins' like sexually intimacy feel good and right, and other 'sins' like theft and violence feel bad and wrong.

Why is this? What is the difference?  What religion tells you about what is right in some cases seems at odds with our natural sense of right and wrong and conscience.  Coinidence?  No

Sin was invented by religion, yes some activities which are not in our best interests as a society such as violence and killing are branded a 'sin' by religion, we are all in agreement about that.

But rules about sexual conduct were largely instigated by jealous men who wanted control over women and ownership of them.

But the reality is that as long as it is consensual and everyone is honest about their intentions, there is nothing wrong with it, i fact it is very good for you.

If feels good because it is good.  Simple as that.  

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.