Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

Does it bother you when your dog feels angry or offended?

I have never seen that in any of my dogs.  Are you sure you are talking about canines & not trying to apply human emotions on to a dog?  Canines have their own behavior, canine behavior.  It is not human behavior.

• Maxi

No.simply as dogs do not 'feel' angry nor get offended...... unbalance/untrained dogs can  react based on fear  and display in fight, flight, freeze or fool around..... it bothers me that some humans are uneducated and misinterpret dogs behaviour and try to put human emotions on them

Dogs do not have the advanced emotions you suggest.  Yes, they can have or show fear, or happiness.  I do NOT agree they can BE offended... or get angry (fear is NOT anger).  Some breeds are well KNOWN to have wide mood swings; I don't care for that so I did not choose any of those breeds. I LIKE a predictable & generally same-mood dog.

my dogs dont they simply do as they are told to by me. They being well trained sheepdogs and I the shepherd

• Amber

Dogs do not feel offended.

However they obviously do feel anger but they don't hold grudges. They usually feel anger when the situation is happening but the emotion quickly fades as the situation does. Dogs feel a ray of different emotions and all to different levels. 

• Jojo

It does not bother me , because my dog does not get angry or feel offended by me at any time, as I am his leader and he is happy to obey my commands. 

I think you are in danger of putting human values on dogs.