Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 1 month ago

Do vegans have cheat days?

Or are u guys 100% strict w ur diets?? If so how do you guys do it?? I’m only asking because I’m currently on a vegan diet myself. I need to get in tip top shape for the police academy this september so I’m following a meal plan structured to build lean muscle mass while keeping my body fat less than 15%. That way I can tackle and shoot with ease. But every week I tend to have a cheat meal because I’m having hard time finding these vegan ingredients for my meals and I’m losing my mind driving around to different grocery stores all day damn long ! On cheat meals I still don’t eat meat but I’ll end up eating stuff like a chocolate chip cookie with dairy in it and Greek yogurt stuff like that. Will eating dairy products once or twice a week to help increase my caloric intake make any significant difference in the short run????

• The word 'veganism' denotes a philosophy and way of living which seeks to end the idea of animals as property and exclude all forms of intentional exploitation of, use of, and cruelty to, animals for food, clothing, research or any other purpose; and by extension, promotes the development and use of animal-free alternatives for the benefit of animals, including humans and the environment.

I don't cheat on the animals, we are already unfair enough to them so exploiting them further is wrong. I can get chocolate chips cookies and yogurt without exploiting someone else so I see no need to do it. 

In terms of eating unhealthy foods while "dieting" sure go for it so long as those foods or products used in your life don't harm others.

I eat vegetarian food sometimes eggs, no much milk products, eat yogurt, no sugar, no meat at all and I never cheat in my diet it blots for me. You can cheat on Exams with you test paper if you like and sometimes coping answers is okay in hard test does not work in diet friendship relationship.

Vegan for 8 years and every day, YES everyday I craved meat, eggs, or cheese. I had to stop watching food network because the meat dishes made me hungry and every time i watched food network I almost gave up. I was that brainwashed to think i was evil/bad for having these thoughts of eating meat. My health during those 8 years went only down never up. I thought the longer i was eating vegan I would be healthier, boy was i wrong. After 8 years of wasting my life away I ate meat again. Its been a year now eating meat and those 12 months my health is going up. Meat heals. period. 

• kswck2

After a while vegans would be incapable of having a cheat day, since they would convince themselves that they would be sick from it. 

Veganism is more of a lifestyle than a "diet"...  People dont go on vegan diets for the purpose of loosing weight or to get in shape..   Infact you will accomplish that more easily with a clean diet that includes a balance of meat.

A vegan diet is part of a lifestyle choice based around a choice to not use animal-based products.

I'd you've ever eaten meat you're not a v*gan zxwbcdfhij

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

If you're having 'cheat' days, you're not a vegan. Sounds like you're a vegetarian, but not a vegan.

I'd imagine even the most hardcore vegetarians sneak a piece of bacon every now and then.  The smell is irresistible and the taste is heavenly.  I went veggie for a year and bacon brought me back.  I eat more meat now than ever!

So a person that smokes once a month considered a smoker?? I think not!!!!

By definition, one is vegan only if they maintain a vegan diet.  There's no such thing as "cheat days".  That would be akin to a smoker saying they've quit, but they still smoke on Saturdays.