Is scotch tape flammable?

I am using scotch tape on the inside of my Gaming Desktop for a fix to the front ports. By any chance would it burst into flames and take my computer down with it at any given moment? 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Me2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Scotch brand packaging tapes are extremely resistant to ignition.  Rather than burn, the reaction is absorb heat and melt.  If anything in the computer is hot enough to melt the tape, let alone ignite it, you already have another and far more serious problem.

• 1 month ago

Not whatsoever, you can actually use it as fire extinguisher, fun fact. 

• 1 month ago

Almost everything is flammable in the right circumstances (hot diamonds placed in liquid oxygen)  In those circumstances though as long as wires are not touching I think you are 100% fine.

• 1 month ago

it is flammable, but inside the case should get that hot.  what will happen is the tape will dry out and get brittle

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

So while it isn't a flammable product, extreme temperatures will make it difficult for the glue to effectively stick to a surface which is too hot or too cold.

You may want to try the DuraStick shown below

DuraStick® Aluminum Foil Tape combines an Aluminum-backed glass cloth with a silicone adhesive that is used in many high temperature applications. The Aluminum backing creates a non-flammable and flame-resistant tape for temperatures over 600°F.

• David
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Use Kapton tape which is heat resistant

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.