Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Why does atheist 'skepticism' look a lot like "I read it in Dawkins' book, so it must be true"..?

I believe what he says, he has special knowledge, being the scholarly initiated high priest of evolution, and Hawking and DeGrasse Tyson are archbishops of astrophysics.

Settle down Jeff, it's time for your meds. You're fantasising again.

So much salt. I truly hit a nerve right there.

If you actually pay attention to Dawkins, he never encourages them to think or learn. Just mock and ridicule and if you don't believe him you're an idiot.

Very cult-like.

Oh, my, yes!  Atheists base their beliefs entirely on appeals to authority.  I mean, what atheist is actually well-read and educated?  As for me, I'm going to turn in my Ph.D. degree and join up with your cult.  That will give me a chance to really learn something!

Never read anything at all about atheism or any of the authors you guys keep bringing up.  Evolution does not care if you believe in it.  Science doesn't care if you believe in it. There are no "HOLY" books in science. Just experimentation and results. Science can and does change if new evidence is found.  Religion does not. 

for all the "screeching" some may do, they are not anonymous hit and run cowards.

Pseudo-Skeptics is a useful term. They don't actually want to think. They want to uncritically believe ideological leaders in their religion of Athism. Now contrast this to Christianity and Judiasm where we are ENCOURAGED to challenge God's Word and search The Scriptures for proof of God's Righteousness because God knows with certainty that Scripture will be proven right in the end.

for exactly the same reason as i read the bible so it must be true have you baby blue

Horseshit.  I was a skeptical atheist for decades before I ever heard of Dawkins.

lol - so you screech at jeff, but everyone else here who is also calling you a idiot, they're OK?  sounds to me like you are teen-wolf obsessing again.  i guess what really pisses you off is that jeff and everyone else happen to be right.  you are a douchebag.

I don't believe you.

Theist Trolling ./ Rick 29148 ****************  ******************  *****************

You can't even prove your book is accurate. For all you know, the Bible is the result of a multi-thousand year game of Chinese whispers.