Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

What does man gain by all the toil at which he toils under the sun?

A bunch of crap he has to leave behind when he takes that last breath. And these days if you work your fingers to the bone........you get bony fingers.

Another day older, and deeper in debt.

St Peter doncha call me cause I cant go, I owe my soul to the company store.

🎵🎵🎵

Ecclesiastes 1:14 — I observed everything going on under the sun, and really, it is all meaningless—like chasing the wind.

Ecclesiastes 2:1— So I said to myself, “Come on, let’s try pleasure. Let’s look for the ‘good things’ in life.” But I found that this, too, was meaningless.

Ecclesiastes 2:19 — And who can tell whether my successors will be wise or foolish? Yet they will control everything I have gained by my skill and hard work under the sun. How meaningless!

Ecclesiastes 2:17 — So I came to hate life because everything done here under the sun is so troubling. Everything is meaningless—like chasing the wind.

food, clothing and shelter mostly 

EDIT to god (below):  Much as I like Shakespeare, he was dead wrong on that one.  The choices we make in life (such as whether or not to put our faith in Jesus Christ)  do have significance, as we will all find out on Judgement Day.

• God

Life is but a walking shadow.  The poor player that struts and frets his hour on stage and then is heard no more.  Tis a tale told by an idiot.  Full of sound and fury signifying nothing.

Depends on what he's toiling at.  If it's a field, then he gains the crop it produces.

a sense of acheivement obviously idiot

• martin

Not all that much.  It depends mainly on his wife's mood that day.  

$25/hour

• Den B7

Sweat... lots of sweat.

Heaven or Hell depending on his performance in his work