Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

What does man gain by all the toil at which he toils under the sun?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

A bunch of crap he has to leave behind when he takes that last breath. And these days if you work your fingers to the bone........you get bony fingers.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Another day older, and deeper in debt.

St Peter doncha call me cause I cant go, I owe my soul to the company store.

🎵🎵🎵

Ecclesiastes 1:14 — I observed everything going on under the sun, and really, it is all meaningless—like chasing the wind.

Ecclesiastes 2:1— So I said to myself, “Come on, let’s try pleasure. Let’s look for the ‘good things’ in life.” But I found that this, too, was meaningless.

Ecclesiastes 2:19 — And who can tell whether my successors will be wise or foolish? Yet they will control everything I have gained by my skill and hard work under the sun. How meaningless!

Ecclesiastes 2:17 — So I came to hate life because everything done here under the sun is so troubling. Everything is meaningless—like chasing the wind.

• 2 months ago

food, clothing and shelter mostly 

EDIT to god (below):  Much as I like Shakespeare, he was dead wrong on that one.  The choices we make in life (such as whether or not to put our faith in Jesus Christ)  do have significance, as we will all find out on Judgement Day.

• God
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Life is but a walking shadow.  The poor player that struts and frets his hour on stage and then is heard no more.  Tis a tale told by an idiot.  Full of sound and fury signifying nothing.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Depends on what he's toiling at.  If it's a field, then he gains the crop it produces.

• 2 months ago

a sense of acheivement obviously idiot

• martin
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Not all that much.  It depends mainly on his wife's mood that day.  

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

$25/hour

• Den B7
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Sweat... lots of sweat.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Heaven or Hell depending on his performance in his work

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.