Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

What do you usually do to calm down?

I'm going through a lot mentally and can't find a way to stop worrying. I'm now getting stomach sick because of it and I can't keep away the tears. How do you calm down and feeling sick from worrying?

*** Breathing Exercises ****

1. lay down in a comfortable, dark, quiet room

2. concentrate\focus on your heartbeat and breathing

3. inhale gently on a six second count

4. exhale gently on a eight second count

5. relax all your muscles, especially your face, shoulders, and neck

6. repeat this breathing rhythm until your whole body feels heavy

Here's what my therapist told me to do.

First, make a list of things that make you, personally, feel calmer. Make it a progressing list of 'What would I do first?' to 'What would I do if that didn't work?' and again, 'What would I do if that didn't work?' and so on.

The first things would be your go-to's, like taking a bath or shower, cleaning your bed sheets to get that fresh feeling, playing a video game, etc. Then keep going. At what point would you, say, call someone you know and just try to talk with them? When would you go for a walk and some fresh air?

The goal is to make a comprehensive list of all the things you would be willing to try, and it can be as long or as short as you need it to be. Just know that the final step of this list is always 'Go to a hospital'. This way you will have actual professionals looking after you and making sure everything is alright. (And they also make sure you don't harm yourself in your panic or take something you shouldn't. Very important.)

Source(s): I have anxiety and depression. I have, in fact, been sent to the ER for having suicidal thoughts, which i didn't know they would do with someone. They even stole my shoes so I wouldn't garrote myself.

I've gone through periods like that and for me, listening to YouTube meditations like Michael Sealy, Daucshy etc. have really helped.

Also, consciously working on myself to stop the worries and think happy thoughts has helped. It might seem silly, but your subconscious will pick up on messages from your conscious brain, so tell yourself "I feel calm, I am not worrying, I am a good person, I have this under control" etc. will help stop those thoughts that just go round and round and round and round.

I've had to really take control of this aspect of my life because I have an illness where worrying and stressing will result in actual severe physical pain, and while I can't always control my surroundings (dying father, who sadly passed away last year, a toxic mother, sick pets, and personal chronic illness), and I can to some degree control how I react to it.

I'm not saying it's easy, but I've found that it gets easier. Before, dealing with my mother would eat up all my energy and peace of mind. Now I can hang up the phone, do whatever I need to do for her, and then take 30 mins to focus on letting go of all her negativity.

Exercise also helps, as does a good cry.

me the natural way , has sex . keeps the girl friend happy .

When I'm too stressed or worried I take extra B complex vitamins. I find I get depleted of these vitamins quickly if stressed or worried. I find I always feel better when I take them and it has been life changing for me. I guess you need to find what works for you. Hope you feel better soon. 

I know you may not want to hear this, but sometimes tears are the only cure for being really sad or really worried. If the tears go on for what may be an extended time, then find someone you can talk to...know that you're not the only one who has ever gone thru whatever it is your are experiencing, learn from it, and try to help someone else someday that experiences what you are going thru now. Good luck.

To calm down? You should take deep breaths, after that you need to count backwards from 10 to 0. That's one of the methods.

If that doesn't work, then go for a walk.

Another nice method i would suggest, watch your fave TV Show.

Source(s): I usually calm down using these methods.
  • jean

have a nice hot bath, go for a walk, watch some tv

breathe      .

You do it by not worrying. You do that by developing mental discipline.  There are a lot of resources on line that can instruct you on how you can achieve that. This is just one of them.

https://blog.owenfitzpatrick.com/key-mental-discip...