Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceOther - Business & Finance · 2 months ago

Charge me for my pay?

I asked my place of work for a sub of pay (£100) and they told me that would cost £10 on top of that to get it sorted after I had and emergency 

In the UK

It is not a loan as when I get payed at the end of the month I will have the £100 taken then be charged £10 on top to a total of £110

What they're doing isn't illegal, but that certainly is a very high rate to charge. 

10% per annum would be fair and reasonable, but they're charging you 10% per month.

What a greedy company.

Of course they aren't obliged to provide monies sooner than you're entitled to receive, but I've known plenty of companies that help their staff out without any interest charge. Provided it's a rare need then I think they could and should assist.

My opinion is that the companies like this don't show their staff any real gratitude, so if a position comes along that suits you better, then don't feel the need to bestow this employer any loyalty.

Yes, Definitely 

It is not a loan it is getting £100 of my wages taken off and given to me early 

What's your question?

Your employer isn't your personal secretary, nor are they your ATM machine.  If you don't want to pay a service fee for the advance, then handle your personal business elsewhere.

And yes, a payroll advance is a loan. 

• Tavy

So? Nothing illegal in that in the U.K.