Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

I was fired on my first day of the job for rolling my eyes at my manager. Can he do this?

• L

In America, EVERY state is 'at-will' - meaning; an employer can let an employee go for no reason and an employee can quit a jog for no reason.

At your future jobs..................even if you disagree with a boss or co-worker.........keep your thoughts and eye movements to yourself.

• Neil

Apparently he can do that, since he did. 

There is no legal protection for rolling of eyes. 

Your "eye rolling" was the tip of the iceberg.  Let's hear the rest of the story.

• Maxi

Yes..................................

Of course he can.  Grow up.  

He only fired you? You're lucky he didn't slap or backhand you for such insubordination and disrespect.

I'm guessing there's more to it that just that you're conveniently leaving out. However, that might had been the last straw as far as his take on your attitude.

Well if he fired you. Then I guess he can

• ?

Yes lol         

Welcome to communist America!