Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

What is the difference btwn memonites, Amish, Jehovah’s Witness,quakers & teetotallers?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

There's no religion called "teetotaLers"  and Jehovah's WitnessES aren't Christian.

• 2 months ago

Menonities and Amish are breakoffs of Luther, whereas Amish were a sect from the Anglican church.  All 3 believed in peace and love, and NEVER broke treaties they made with Indian nations in colonial America.

• There is no difference, outside of true Christianity they are all subject to Satan's will.

• 2 months ago

Absolutely nothing.  They are ALL teetotallers.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Expat
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

The frequency of webbed toes and other maladies associated with inbreeding. 

• 2 months ago

My partner is a Quaker and I have been a teetotaler.  The other three groups have practically nothing in common with us.  Mennonites are also committed to peace.  Amish eschew advanced technology.  Jehovah's Witnesses are not Christian and have a theology based on nineteenth century liberalism.  Quakers are people who believe there is a divine spark in every human and that we need to wait and listen to hear the still, small voice inside us to guide our actions.  Many of them are also not Christian and some are even metaphysically naturalistic atheists.  They sometimes also drink alcohol nowadays.  Teetotallers are just people who don't drink alcohol.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Mennonites are similar to the Amish, but they have less man-made rules that they follow. Amish make up a lot of traditions which they add to God's words, which the Bible says not to do. It's not just the fact that they have traditions, but that they make their traditions appear to be God's rules, and that is an error. I've always like the concept of a community that works together... and there are aspects of having the support of a Hutterite community...etc... that seems to work better than a lot of family systems. Having support is such a great thing, and so many people struggle on their own in this world. Perhaps there are some positive aspects of their isolation, as they really do set themselves apart from the world so they are less influenced by it, however God kept His people in the world so that they would interact and be lights, not hiding themselves. Basically the Bible explains that if we are not lights in the world, then we are quite useless, like a candle whose light cannot be seen.

Quakers have some off theological concepts to my recollection, but they were not completely without positive influence, as they were some of the biggest supporters of abolition movement, or being against the institution of slavery in the United States. You can look up documentaries on YouTube on a number of these groups that you desire to know about. Jehovah's Witnesses is a cult created in the United States by Charles Taze Russell, just as Mormons (aka Latter-Day Saints) is a cult created in the United States by Joseph Smith. Both men were Freemasons. The Jehovah's Witnesses pick and choose what to believe in, and what to discard from the Scriptures.

Jesus' words, “Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:”  - Luke 24:25, KJV

God desires for all of His words to be taken as the truth. The Jehovah's Witnesses have distorted God's words to the point where they have stripped the humanity from Jesus, and turned Him into Michael the archangel. And even though the end of the book of Revelation pronounces a curse on those who add and take away from the book, their cult distorts the true teaching of the 144,000 from Revelation chapters 7 & 14. Another error is what the Bible labels as an antichrist doctrine.... and that is the denial that Jesus came in human flesh (ref: 2 John 1:7, 1 John 4:3), when they turn Him into an angel. The Bible explains to us in Hebrews, that He was not an angel, but came in the likeness of men (ref: Philippians 2:7-10), and even more specifically of the seed of Abraham (see Hebrews 2:16). Even the Samaritan woman at the well recognized Him as being a Jew when she saw Him and spoke with Him, and He Himself affirmed His Jewishness to her (ref: John chapter 4). The Jehovah's Witnesses deny the deity of Jesus as well, when Jesus clearly explains in the book of John, His deity.

Instead of magnifying God, the cults cut Him down, and they do not take His words at face value, but take His words out of their rightful context, and make people reinterpret the words within the context of their own teachings. Such things is what Jesus was contending against when He was on the earth, concerning the doctrines of the Pharisees and Sadducees who were essentially doing the same thing that the cults do today. And instead of being representatives of God, they made themselves into His enemy, even putting Him to death, as His authority was an affront to their own. He exposed them as being hypocrites and liars, and these religious people hated His guts. God seeks worshipers who will receive His Truth and His Spirit, and if His Truth and His Spirit does not abide within us, then we do not have Him, and we are not of Him.

To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. - 2 Corinthians 5:19, KJV

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory. - 1 Timothy 3:16, KJV

“He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.”  - John 1:10, KJV

Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: - Colossians 1:15, KJV

For unto us a child is born, unto us a Son is given: and the government shall be upon His shoulder: and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. - Isaiah 9:6, KJV

Jesus is literally Immanuel, meaning... With us is God.

• 2 months ago

I don't drink alcohol but it's got nothing to do with Religion. Just my choice. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

1 commits blasphemy and worships the ark angel Michael as Jesus 

Source(s): Jesus is God, not an angel. God is not an angel.
  • 2 months ago

Well, I'm a teetotaller by necessity, not by choice.  So I suppose the difference between me and Memonites, Amish, Jehovah’s Witness and Quakers is that I don't accept the idea of gods.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.