Can Trudeau ask the Queen to fire Payette?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Technically he could, but, doing such a thing is unprecedented, and the Queen would likely not act on this "advice."

While there are some questions as to Payette's actions while serving as GG, none have been proved, and none seem to be bad enough to seek her removal even if they were proved.  At least, not so far.

• 1 month ago

I suppose so although as a general rule, she doesn't become involved in politics, here or elsewhere within the Commonwealth.   Trudeau can ask of course, but whether whatever has gone on would warrant the Queen firing whoever that is (bearing in mind I'm in the UK now, so don't know) I have no idea.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes and the Queen can also sack Trudeau. The Queen remains the head of state over the British Commonwealth dominion of Canada. The PM and the GG are merely her subjects. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes. More likely she would be asked to stand down. She was appointed by the Queen on the advice of Trudeau and the term of office is indeterminate. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

anything is possible

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.