Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 2 months ago

What would you do: work overtime, or be supportive to your significant other?

Taking a poll. Trying to get a friend to understand something here. He doesn't get it .

If your girlfriend were going through something heavy emotionally (depressing event/period), would you work a double extra overtime the one day that person needed you most OR hear the girlfriend out and be present? 

Would you say telling the girlfriend you'll be there at night, after blowing her off, JUST to sleep after this double OT (she works next morning-all day) is a good idea?

Would you at the same time tell her you like work because it is a distraction, while this event is going on? 

The overtime is just a bonus and can be done any other time. Also, it's the only both are free from work and kids for the first time in months. Girlfriend was rather clear she wants to spend time with you for these reasons and is asking for help and is agitated by the issues. 

The girlfriend I might add, has made it clear she is lonely and sleeping constantly. To me, that's a big red flag to pay attention to .. I don't think the bell can be unrung this time and made it worse

I would definitely work.  I wouldn't want to hear her whining when I could be making money.

I don't have a significant other, so didn't mind 12+ hour shifts at my last job.

• For my love, I'll do anything to keep encouraging them. I'll keep loving them through it all.

But not all people think the same way. A lot of couples are cold to each other. It's wrong and if it was me, I would leave an unsupportive significant other.