Henry asked in Consumer ElectronicsTVs · 2 months ago

If our family uses a tv a lot for multiple things will it damage it having it on for so long?

Not sure but I try not to watch TV longer then 2 hours at a time, as our TV when I was small used to overheat and tubes pop or break and it took long to fix it, so just to be safe I take a break as an old habit.

Everything has a lifespan, and depending on how it’s used and abused will determine how long it will last.

One thing I recommend that people do is get a dedicated steaming device instead of using the smart features of the TV. That away it doesn’t put strain on the TV and will last longer.

It also depends on if you have it calibrated, set on the movie setting, or just have it on it’s brightest setting out of the box. If it’s on the brightest setting, then yeah your chipping away at its lifespan. 

No, it won't be damaged. 

Everything has a life span and with electronics like a TV it is about usage time and that is about it (temperature can affect things but in a TV that is usually pretty constant unless there is an issue). So your TV may last around 50,000 hours (could be more or less depending on the specific type of TV). You can calculate how long that should last  That would last nearly 6 years running 24 hours a day. If you run it 12 hours a day that's almost 12 years. Probably time to get some new TV technology anyway at that point.

Nothing lasts forever!