Survey: Is it difficult for you to understand foreigners who don't have a native English accent?

Yesterday, I had a video chat with an African girl and it took a toil for me to understand what she was saying.

Replying to this message: "Not really, but I have a very firm grip on the the English language, unlike you. "It too toil"? Are you serious? Yes, "toil" is a word, but the expression is: "It took a toll." When you don't even know your own language well, how can you possibly expect not to have a difficult time understanding it, foreign speaker or not?"

Reply: When you can't even read your own language properly, how dare you even write something you don't know?

took a toll on me*

Sometimes it is but not always.

I'm sure she didn't have an easy time understanding you either. 

• Rick

I have always been able to make it work .................

Not really due to being multilingual, also knowing people from around the world.

• User

It depends on how strong the accent is

and on which "native" it is as well.

(Some "native" English accents are very difficult to decipher.)

:-) The hardest, for me, was my cousin who came from Kent -- we were called the "terrible twins" (she was a month younger than me), often referred to as "teeth and claws" for how we would combine against other kids when attacked...

But sometimes we barely understood each other when we both talked English...

Not really, but I have a very firm grip on the the English language, unlike you. "It too toil"? Are you serious? Yes, "toil" is a word, but the expression is: "It took a toll." When you don't even know your own language well, how can you possibly expect not to have a difficult time understanding it, foreign speaker or not?