Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

You don't believe in a god, you say. "There's nothing above a man." How can a finger say to a thumb, "I don't believe in a hand"?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

That's the most perfect analogy I've ever heard. We are all parts of the body, and only together can we achieve paradise.

• Tim
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Isaiah 10:15 Shall the axe boast itself against him that heweth therewith? or shall the saw magnify itself against him that shaketh it? as if the rod should shake itself against them that lift it up, or as if the staff should lift up itself, as if it were no wood.

• 1 month ago

How can a thumb say anything without a mouth? 

Philosophy 101: all analogies are false to degree. Ana analogy can be used to illustrate a concept and nothing more.

• 1 month ago

Good question.  Since there's ample evidence that the hand exists, the thumb's question is moot.  However, since there's no evidence at all, ever, of any god....there's no such thing as the hand, in your analogy.  

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

I think you just failed Metaphors 101.

• Kin
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

I assure you, every single cell in the body believes in God and is aware of God even if the person doesn't believe in God. As well as their shadows, and their soul is aware of God and doesn't need permission from the person to worship God and their body still worships God even if they deny it and refuse to acknowledge that God is the Creator, the Most High. And their bodies, their cells say the praises of God while the person is unaware of the way of their praises. One day their hands, and their feet will speak in front of God on the Day of Resurrection. All of creation worships God willingly or unwillingly, because creation acknowledges God even if some people deny it completely and are completely blind or in denial.

• 1 month ago

God is the ultimate man. Jesus said he is the Son of Man and the Son of God.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It can't because fingers don't have mouths, duh. If a finger did have a mouth, though, you can bet that at some point it might say that, at some point after it finished telling everyone everywhere you stick it. So you'd better be glad your fingers don't have mouths to talk, because if they did, the stories they'd tell about you-- you'd never be able to show your face in public again.

• JJ
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Basically, a finger can't talk and a thumb can't listen.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No.  If you don't believe in a god, you are only saying you don't believe in a god.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.