im retired and did work can i file for unemployment?

Not because you're retired, you can't. Retiring is not considered "unemployment" eligible for compensation. If you WERE working, and then got laid off or terminated for some reason, then you can--age doesn't matter.  Check with your state. 

Unemployment looks at your income for the time period just before you apply.  If you retired more than a year and a half ago, you wouldn't have any income to show.

Yo don't explain your situation in enough detail.  I "retired" from one job in 1993, worked in another job until 1997, was laid off from that job in 2004. I was eligible for unemployment at that point, but I chose to actually retire (not seek a new job), so I was then NOT eligible for unemployment.  What was your situation?.

If you are not looking for work you can't get unemployment.

If you are retired, that means you voluntarily stopped working and are ineligible for unemployment.

Unemployment is short term.  If you quit or were fired for cause, you don't qualify.  If you retired very recently because you lost your job, then you might still qualify.  It would be a very rare situation where someone who considers themselves retired would still qualify.

You can't even type a complete sentence, but you want us to believe that you can fill out an application for unemployment benefits?  LOL, good one.

Of course not, It would be FRAUD.

No u r getting social security.u have been unemployed and did not lose your job.