Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetGoogle · 2 months ago

Will I be permanently locked out of my Yahoo and Google accounts if I get a new phone and number and use a new IP address to try to log in?

Whenever I use a new IP address, Yahoo and Google makes me verify that it's me through my phone. When I get a new phone and phone number, can I update my information with Yahoo and Google so I can use my new phone to confirm that it's me signing in and not some random hacker or robot? I know that Google lets you update your phone, and Yahoo probably does as well, but will I actually be able to use the new phone and number to confirm that it is me?

No. Your username and password will always be recognized. You may of course be asked for verification. No problem.

From your description, you will need to have old phone to verify when signing in and then update account info to use new phone. However, I think two-step verification can be disabled. In that case, before you retire old phone, disable the two-step verification. Then, when you have new phone, update the phone number on account and reinstate two-step verification.