Are perfectionists more likely to lash out at people who make mistakes?

My husband and I were brought up in perfectionistic Asian households and we both have a tendency to lash out at others out of our families both verbally (me and him) and physically (him) for making mistakes.

Is this common perfectionist behavior?

@Snejana-Perfectionists are abusive in their relationships. They control their partners. It's no wonder my husband is a controlling Crasian.

Perfectionism can be a heavy burden because nobody’s perfect. Here are some ways that perfectionism can affect us.

 How you view yourself. Perfectionists set unreasonably high standards for themselves—a setup for disappointment. Realistically, we aren’t going to be great at everything, and if we keep putting ourselves down for not being perfect, we’ll end up with no confidence. That can be depressing.

 How you view others. Perfectionists are often critical of others, and it’s easy to see why. When you expect perfection of yourself, you hold everyone else to the same standard. When people fail to meet that standard, you find yourself constantly disappointed in them.

 How others view you. If you have unreasonably high expectations of others, don’t be surprised if people start to avoid you! Having to live up to the impossible standards of a perfectionist is exhausting. No one wants to be around someone like that!

You can lose out on a lot of happiness being a perfectionist. You can also make your friends uncomfortable because it seems as if you’re judging them or thinking that they just aren’t good enough.

The Bible says: “Whatever your hand finds to do, do with all your might.” (Ecclesiastes 9:10) So the remedy for perfectionism isn’t laziness; it’s industriousness, but blended with reasonableness and modesty.

• Dick

I've found that it's anti-social to lash out at incompetence, inability, and a lack of interest, in doing your best. I get angry, often verbally, with myself, but I don't say anything to the slackers and screw-ups.