Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

Should white people be allowed to say "Chile"?

This has been a discussion recently on TikTok and Twitter, as people have recently been using it there. Some consider it "drag slang", or "AAVE", or forcing a "blaccent", however, I am pretty confused as I want to know, is it offensive to say that? Or are people overreacting?

I have seen people saying that you shouldn't force a blaccent, short for black accent. I just want to know your guys' views on it.

waiting for answers

A colonoscopy is a procedure to examine the inside of your colon (intestine) with a scope. A scope is a flexible tube with a small light and camera on the end. Look for the answer there.

i dont see anything wrong with it

First, this isn't social media.  Answers can take hours to trickle in!.

Overall, I think it's racist for black people to compile a list of words whites can't use.  This is fully racist.  I do get the n word (I think), but they can't go around being offended by every word that hits them wrong.  The same applies to whites.

With that said, I probably wouldn't fight this battle on social media.  The convos are interesting, but I wouldn't take a stand on it.   I would in real life, but my black friends don't sweat this stuff.