Anonymous

Is this denial or am I over-thinking?

I ignored someone at my workplace once (although it was a misunderstanding) and they clearly took it badly, because from being friendly and flirty, they became cold and distant. It was very evident in their body language. I know this colleague for a year and we spent a lot of time at work, so I know him enough. After the incident, I felt terrible and spent weeks thinking of apologizing. When I summoned the courage to do so, he pretended he does not even remember it happened. He told me I imagined it and that he does not recall it at all. I KNOW it bothered him because he changed after that towards me. So is this denial? And I guess I need to just accept and move on? My ignoring him was a misunderstanding and not intentional but I should stop bothering him?

I wouldn't worry too much about it. We cannot change the [past, and you have done your best to explain.