My father almost exploded in his rage today but did not. It was over something being left in the car. Should I avoid him since he will blow?

He will blow soon I am fearing. His wrath I fear greatly. 

Hopefully he's not physically abusive? 

If he tends to blow up easily a lot of the time, it's because of his personal issues and stress over things in his own world/life.  It's not about you and it's not personal against you.  

If you want to avoid him for a while, and you feel that's a good idea, then do it.

You can always tell him you're sorry he's so upset and you hope he feels better if he has one of his tantrums.  It might shock him and make him think? I don't know.  It works for some.

• Lv 7

just don't leave stuff in the car anymore.

if you try to understand why it made him mad, and you apologize to him, he will probably calm down...

If you know he's going to explode with rage, and you fear his rage, then doesn't it make sense to avoid him until it's over? I mean, why do you even need to ask?