What happens if my house’s electricity permanently goes out?

Not talking about the power going out temporary or a fuse blowing. I’m referring to if the house is real old and the wiring for the electricity just stops working. And the house is so old that the wiring can’t be replaced.

You’re screwed and sh it outta luck, baby!

maybe a car hit a power pole , or a short circuit in the house or you haven't paid the bill

How is it possible that old wiring can't be pulled and replaced with new? That's like saying the lamp is so old I can't change the light bulb. If you're considering updating the wiring, consider a combination of wind turbines and photovoltaics. The over all costs of small systems is about the cost of a new roof (power inverters included). I did, and after the 1st month I haven't paid a penny for power. In fact I've received an average of $605/yr from the power company, plus tax write offs (energy supplier and clean energy supplier) on my house. It's clean energy w/o pollution (which is great); that gets the power company's hand out of my pocket, and my hand into theirs. 

That is highly implausible.

Wiring can ALWAYS be replaced. It won't go out permanently--unless you rip it out. Then you can simply have it re-fitted. 

You will have to have the entire home re-wired if this happens--but it's highly unlikely. 

There is no house where the wiring and fittings can't be replaced, one way or another.

Just get one of those generac systems and use it all the time, problem solved.

Why can't the wiring be repaired or replaced?      If doing an upgrade would literally result in the house falling apart, the house needs to be condemned and bulldozed. 

Wiring can always be replaced.... what makes you think it can't be?

• geezer

If the wiring in a house is too old to work anymore

or is so old that it isn't safe to use anymore

then you can have the whole house re-wired.

Wiring can always be 'replaced' with new