Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 5 months ago

Using a tampon hurts alot :(?

This is my first time ever using a tampon, i'm 17 and currently on vacation i also never had s*xual intercourse so maybe it's because of that--?

So i tried it with like 4 tampons now it hurts when i put it in.. it hurts to walk it hurts alot when i sit down and i almost had a panick attack trying to pull them out each time(that part hurt alot and i struggled for like 15minutes to pull them out..)

I really don't want my stupid period to ruin my vacation ..what am i doing wrong!? I could really use some helpfull advice :c

• Edna

It's not necessary to have ever had sex, in order to insert a tampon.

First of all, don't try to insert or pull out a tampon "dry" (not being on a period). It's likely to hurt or be difficult if you're not having a period.

Don't try to insert a tampon "straight in". Let it just glide in, following the natural slant of your vagina (slightly upward and slightly toward the small of your back). If you feel any resistance or discomfort, you're not at the correct angle. Back off, and try again.  You'll soon get the hang of it.

There are detailed instructions and drawings in every box of tampons that will tell you and show you how to insert and remove a tampon - much better than I can tell you. Read them!

Source(s): Began using tampons when I was 14

You’re not inserting it correctly. You need to push it further up there. Once you get it past a certain point, you will not be able to feel it inside you. It needs to be past the pubic bone. 

Use a tampon with a plastic applicator to make it slide in easier. Lubricate it a little bit if your flow is light. You can use lube or Vaseline. I sometimes just lick the end of it to get it wet before I insert it. Start with the smallest size tampons until you get the hang of it. Insert it toward the small of your back. Play around with angles and standing in different positions until you get it right. Hold the very end of the first part of the applicator. Push it in as far as you can until you can only barely hold the very end. Then push the second part of the applicator all the way in. Don’t get nervous, it won’t get lost. Believe it or not, the farther you insert it, the less you will feel it. There’s a space at the back of the vagina where it just fits nicely. When inserted correctly, you’ll be able to move around in all different positions without even noticing it’s there. Just wear a thin panty liner to catch any leaks except when you’re swimming. 

• ?

Slap some Vaseline on the top of the tampon

You're not placing it correctly. Try a different size/shape and read the instructions thoroughly.

• Orla C

Are you putting it into the correct orifice? 

They should just slide on in .... but if they are painful, then it's better not to use them. 

• :)

I used to have the same problem. I can promise you that incorrect insertion technique is the reason it hurts. It’s not in all the way, or you inserted it at a bad angle. You sort of just have to keep trying.

Having sex made putting tampons in a little easier, but honestly not by much

Attempt using smaller ones

The sin missiles you have are probably too big