Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 4 months ago

Why would I be massively thumbed down for properly answering a question?

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20200...

This platform is for answering and asking questions properly right, not spreading conspiracy theories of a war against The Trump Administration.

You say that my answer was wrong LAN however couldn't prove how my answer was wrong.  I am sorry but wasting time being rude is not countering a response and from what I've seen the only 'snowflake' I see are users like you who think The Trump Administration holds no responsibility for the spread of corona virus or anything else in the U.S after threatening to eliminate funding to cities who didn't reopen schools and not just funding for public education.

Because of trolls on here

• I haven't scrolled down the list of users, but I predict @CarolOkia will answer and get thumbed down to oblivion. 

Edit: I was right (they get downvoted no matter what they write)__

In other words, Y!A is not the forum for you. Go to Quora or Stack Exchange

It happens. People may TU or TD an answer for any reason or no reason. Some do it because they disagree with you (even if your answer isn't incorrect), because they don't like you, because they think it's funny to TD or TU every answer regardless of the quality of the answer. Some users have a following of sorts that will TU or TD everything they post (rather obsessively), regardless of the quality of the content. It's a weird thing to be so obsessed with the behavior of people online you don't know, but the internet is full of all kinds of people. 

Don't take it personally because the people doing the TU/TD don't know you. It's like kids pushing every button in an elevator. Some people just have simple ways to get their kicks (it tells more about them than about you). 

I can back up every word by Milk Tray Man here.  (Hi, nice to meet you !) 

There are sick trolls  who operate 50 accounts apiece......and will TD my answers  15 or 20 times.    It's ONE person  , operating numerous accounts. 

I could post "Water is Wet" here and get 15 TD's   easy -

The same troll then reports you,  15-20  times with each of their accounts,  taking down your answers at will- 

You could post the smartest , most intelligent, helpful answer this site has EVER seen............and a troll with 15 accounts can get it taken down at will.........

and then Yahoo ignores your appeal. 

That's the state of the site these days.............it's a troll playground, and nothing more. 

Edit:   As I stated......clearly sock puppet boy has made himself known again. 

Milk Tray Man is quite correct.  But he made the mistake of saying the Evil One's name. 

Everyone knows that if you say the NAME,  he magically appears. 

You must not speak the evil one's name. 

Having read your link, I think it's because you're sanctimonious and condescending.

You can either own your attitude and take your lumps or you can excuse yourself of responsibility and whine about the way people respond to you and blame them for not accepting your opinions. You're just lucky Yahoo stopped the answer commentary, otherwise the reactions may have been a bit more telling than a few thumbs down.

Yahoo Answers has become a Trollfest of late.  It appears the day has long gone where offering a correct or logical answer to a question is appreciated.  Some trolls in here like to amuse themselves by running several accounts just so they can award themselves best answer.  

'Up votes' and 'down votes' don't always go how you expect and can be funny.  I've had comments that I didn't think were anything special and may have even been said in a tongue-in-cheek manner and still gotten a lot of positive response.  On the other hand, I've had comments I felt were very good and concise and they've been totally obliterated with disapproval.  A lot of times, I think I get 'down votes' because they don't like my grammar or spelling or basic wording.  Conversely, I think some may give 'up votes' for spelling or grammar errors just so they can encourage me to be an idiot even though I know there is an error... but Yahoo didn't allow comment editing for spelling and grammar and TYPING ERRORS, did they.  One can only proofread and self cannibalize their own comments so many times before eating too much of it before posting.

• Daniel

It's Politics if people dont Agree with your Answer Even if its a Good one they will Thumb down the Person who Pressed it may have gotton Upset this is why I dont get into that Stuff you can Voice your Opinion on a Subject tell a Truthful Answer and someone may not like it and get Upset about It 

• J

There’s a group of people on this site that basically do nothing but spread lies about liberals and post questions that basically just say “I wanna suck trump’s dîck.” In most categories, thumbs down is given for answers that are incorrect or that people think is not cool. In the politics section, you get thumbs down just because you don’t agree with them politically. If you don’t like it, stay out of the politics section. It’s full of people who seem to have no more than a preschool education. I think this site went downhill years ago. And the removal of the comments just made it harder for people to explain their thumbs up/down when given appropriately. 

Ninefinger has at least five accounts and you answered at a similar time to him, the same has happened when he has showed up the same time as me but it doesn't normally happen. He is a well known troublemaker and I have upvoted your answer, with just my one account. He seems to know subconsciously or feels guilty if he needs to make sock accounts to make himself seem more plausible. He isn't even the worst though, in R&S several years ago there was accounts that went under Chris/CJ/David and some names I can't remember, he had over 20 accounts and would thumb people down that many times, I'm not exaggerating.