High School Sports Transfer Rules Clarification?

We are temporarily moving from California to Arkansas for one semester. My son will not play his sport in Arkansas because it is not in season. Then for the second semester, we are coming back to the same California school. Will my son have any problems with eligibility?

Ask his coach about the specific high school sports transfer rules and if he will have any problems with eligibility when he returns.

That's a question for his coach and the state high school athletic association, not strangers on YA.  

• drip

Ask his coach while you are still in California.  

• MS

Rules on this vary state to state, so it's best to check with the organization that supervises secondary sports in California.  Looks like this is the website: https://cifstate.org/landing/index

I know that it wouldn't be a problem in my state, but I'm not familiar with other states.  Our high school had the son of an NFL player - he would be here one semester and in the NFL team's state the other, and he was able to play sports here and there.

i would ask his school this question