?
? asked in PetsDogs · 5 months ago

Does your dog enjoy getting a bath?

Or is it a chore for you and a nightmare for them?

Breed of your dog? 

Sounds like my neighbor's dog when his nails are being trimmed. They don't even get close to the quick but you'd think they were putting the screws to him. 

Do they act different if bathed outdoors with the shower setting? Indoors due to the heated water? Drain filters should be used so the hair doesn't build up over time. 

nope. its a fight on both sides. afterwards, she runs around the house at mach speeds and is very happy to be done

I have 2 parson russell terriers and 2 westies. They love being in the kiddie pool in the back yard. As soon as I open the porch door they all run to the pool first. They will all be in there with their toys, biting the water, or just walking around in circles for hours. I dont not give them any baths unless they really need it. Luckily they arent smelly dogs and playing in pool helps avoid bath time, but when it comes to those rare bath times they dont hate it but you can tell its not to play and want to jump out, but they do stay calm for majority of the time.

I have two pups. One is the mother and the other is her baby. Gia as a small puppy didn’t like baths at first but loved the blow dryer and loved to cuddle up while getting dried. Eventually about a few months in she started to not mind baths anymore. She’d even sit and seem to be relaxed in the water. However, her baby Princess is now a year old and still hate baths !!! She always tries to get out and always cries the entire time lol

I have a GSD, and she LOVES water.  She has been swimming in lakes and ponds and along the river's edge.  She has a pool at home and plays in it all the time.  She LOVES to run in and out of the sprinkler.

My other GSD HATES the water with a passion.  Bathtime is just torture for her.

Both of them hate having their nails trimmed.  I have a licensed Vet Tech cut their nails - one of them was trimmed by a groomer who cut into the nail bed so I trust no one.

My rottie acts like im killing her when I give her a bath.

• WOOWHO

I have a traveling  VAN service commissioned  for grooming  comes to my home   bath  nail clips  gland expectoration  $60 for a complete service $ 15 for a  simple service  she receives  two visits per month .... more comfortable, SAFE reduced STRESS for the dog and the owner to have PROFESSIONAL services

, they are also  a one person  the  dog is comfortable with , and if i need SITTING or training they also provide that service as well as minor vet  service advice  that might arise i can say from observation  the dog ( MORKIE )    enjoys the  care ( bath )  more than when i attempted to provide a bath .

..... most dogs enjoy the rubbing soothing  scratching  of various body parts not necessarily the water part  the excepts might be " water dogs "  Labs poodles German shepherds

My ShihTzu x is fine with it and lets me do what's needed. My AmStaff x isn't a fan though but isn't much of a struggler about it either so it's still not a problem washing him. 

I've never had a dog that found bath day a nightmare and distinctly remember the families American Staffordshire Terrier would even just stand where we washed him outside without having to leash him in place. He loved it..

none of my dogs liked being bathed even though they get warm water. a couple were malteses and i had a cattle/kelpie, and a jack russell.

• CB

Tolerates it ok, a little reluctant to get in the tub but during the summer we use the hose and she doesn't mind that on a hot day. LOVES the toweling off part though.

No.

My nephews jobs.