Is there a camera that automatically takes a picture when someone passes in front of it?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Jim
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

You can install free software in your computer or phone that will turn it into a motion detection camera 

• 1 month ago

Such cameras exist based on a motion sensor or detector, the same kind of thing that turns on your yard lights at night if they detect movement.  I have never dealt with one, but places that sell technical equipment to private detectives (and, oddly enough, hunters) can hook you up very quickly.

• Thomas
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

That not a matter of the camera, thats a software matter. In LINUX there are many free programs doing this. Depending from your OS you must check yourself. Computer independent you must check Dash cams with "motion activation" (like in a parking garage someone triying to break in. That will be recorded. Most dash cams can do this if the feature is activated).

• Boy
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Look for some surveillance cameras 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • keerok
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Trail cameras, the ones used by trackers, researchers, hunters and rangers in the wild.

• WayneH
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yep.  It's a game camera.  Google it.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You can try a trail cam. 

• A
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

a motion sensor security camera,  I have 2 on my garage, it takes 30 second videos

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.