Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 1 month ago

What age should people give up cutting grass?

23 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

When they feel like they can't do it any more, what does ages have to do with it? I stop when I was in my 40's and hired a compnay to cut mine. BEcause i didn't want to cut grass anymore.

• 1 month ago

By which you mean "diluting marijuana."  I don't think that's ever a good idea.

• P.L.
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

The only right time to give up any necessary chore is when your body cannot cope with the work anymore.  If you give up many things too soon your life will become boring and useless. We all need to be doing things to feel a sense of worth and usefulness.  Without chores we become old much sooner.

• 1 month ago

I'd be good with right now..............but dagnabbit.........someone has to cut it. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

When they get to the stage of making it grow, by being under it. 

• Sam
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

My neighbor across the street is 89, almost 90,

and he still mows his own lawn.

He's been  cutting his own grass most of his life.

He also smokes grass. 

Edit:  @lynnmarie... good thing you edited.. cuz my neighbor can afford to buy a landscape company.  He just enjoys it, and he gets to say 'hello' his neighbors while their out walking and jogging and mowing their own lawns.  It keeps him fit, physically and mentally. 

• Snid
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

There is no set age.  If they are not strong enough to do it.  If they don't want to do it.  If they can afford to pay someone to do it.  If they don't give a rip how their yard looks.

• 1 month ago

The age they are when they can afford to have someone else mow it for them. 

EDIT:  unless they enjoy doing it - some do, I understand 

• rodcom
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

There is no age limit.  It is about physical ability.  I have seen 60 year olds in terrible shape and people who are 80 who can cut the grass then go play a round of golf.

We each age differently.

• Lester
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

At 69 years of age they should quit

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.