Parents want me to pick up the bills again but still won't let me go back to work?

I'm 19. Parents were afraid that I was going to bring home Covid and expose them by working, so they told me to either quit my job or move out. I wasn't making enough money to pay rent anywhere, so my only option was to quit (I was only making about $2,000/month after taxes). My parents said that they would cover my bills for a little bit since they forced me into this situation. They said earlier this week that they want me to start paying everything again. When I said I needed to go back to work to do that, they said that they still didn't feel comfortable with me working. I don't know where they expect me to get the money to pay for everything. I have savings, but that will only last so long. Even if I was to move out and get a job, it would be weeks before I would be able to afford rent, provided I'd even be able to get a job that pays enough. What can I do??

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

2000 after taxes is a good salary for a young, single person. u can find some accommodation to live on your own

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Why not just kill your parents?  Problem solved. That way they don't have to worry about getting covid.

• 1 month ago

What I see when I read this:

I'm 19 and I'm so simpleminded that I can't figure out how to apply for the millions of jobs that are currently allowing you to work at home. 

• 1 month ago

Depends on whether or not your workplace have any safety precaution in place. Where I work, everyone has to wear a mask that’s provided by the workplace and keep 6 feet away from people. If it’s not possible then keep it to a minimum. 

States that are hot spots isn’t a good place to go to work. Look at Missouri. It’s a hot spot. Look at Florida. It’s a hot spot. Guess what. Marlins and cardinals players got infected and they’re spreading to their teammates 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.