Anonymous

Is it racist and brainwashed that I prefer lighter skin women over dark skin women, in dating/marriage/sex?

I can't help it.  White women are just prettier, IMO, and pale White skin glows.

I'm a Brown Mexican guy

I care about a woman's personality too, but looks his what I see first and grabs my attention first. But personality is what makes me decided if I want to stay with her forever or not.

@Richard- I don't  fetishize White women. I care about personality too, it's just White women are the prettiest I've ever seen in my life, in my own personal uncontrollable opinion.

@Tristen- I don't get how it's racist and bad to say White skin glows, cuz it's objectively true. The definition of glow is light, and pale White skin is the lightest, hence has the most glow. A pale White girl is easiest to see in the dark cuz her natural glow. This is not an opinion, but an objective fact. 

Now whether someone is sexually attracted to it or not is an opinion.

@Tristen- I NEVER said dark is ugly. Don't put words in my mouth. All I'm saying is that pale White girls have been my biggest crushes in my life that give me uncontrollable butterflies in my stomach.

I don't understand why no men are allowed to have a uncontrollable crush on a White girl without being labeled "brainwashed" and "racist."

Preference on who you're attracted to isn't racist. Just as not being attracted to the same sex isn't homophobic or not being attracted to Trans People isn't Transphobic. 

Hey man, I'll keep it "real" with you.

Being racist means that you have preconceived notions about someone based on their racial background. Simply being more attracted to lighter skinned women doesn't make you racist or brainwashed per se. It would depend on your upbringing and whether or not it was imposed on you, or if it was just a natural development. So, think about that for yourself.

However, saying that [insert name] women are prettier is problematic to say the least.

To put this in perspective, I'm Black, and I tend to be more physically attracted to dark or brown skinned women (Black, east Indian, Filipino, etc.) and White women, as that is what I grew up around. However, I will never say that those women are prettier than others, because I don't believe that. It's all about appeal, everyone's beauty appeals to different people. It's imperative that this is understood.

Others didn't check you on that, because a lot of people don't understand beauty and attraction. You can be attracted to people without putting them above others, it serves no purpose. Preference is an overused and misused term most of the time and I see it's being used below, unsurprisingly. Preference means having a strong liking toward something. For instance, I prefer Windows computers, but I have also used and love Linux (Ubuntu, etc.). When you have a preference, you don't restrict yourself to one thing and are open to other options.

Then you have exclusivity, which means to exclude something. So that would be like saying I only like brown skinned women. I'm excluding everyone else, there is no if, and or but, "only" doesn't mean open, it means "nothing else except". Would that be racist? It depends on what I feel inside, a slippery slope for sure.

All in all... if you want an honest opinion, it seems like you may have a fetish toward White women, making you racist toward them specifically. You seem to be attracted to the idea of them rather than just being attracted to them generally. You clearly feel like something is wrong as you felt the need to ask, so you're doing the right thing.

They shouldn't be put on a pedestal, as it not only hurts them, but it hurts the way others perceive themselves. That's why I dislike when people say "Black women are the most beautiful", even as a Black person. It's just silly to me. We can all be beautiful without feeling less beautiful than someone else, that's my philosophy. 

Source(s): Life experience
  • david

Not racist. Moronically self limiting, but not racist. 

No that is not racist, you know what you like so go for it my friend.

no its just a preference

Everybody's gotta right to like whatever one likes & even have a preferred 'type' but as long as your personal taste is limited primarily to lighter skin women your missing out on ALLOT-o-good Pu#sy!

• Buzz

You can’t help what you are attracted too. Doesn’t make you racist.

Some people may see it as racist but they don't really matter. Like how I'm mixed with black & Mexican but I prefer white women, despite the stereotype that they are all out to get us black guys in trouble.

• James

No. There is nothing rational or voluntary about sexual attraction.

But in the same breath, I will also say that there are always exceptions. I have found that my tastes are malleable and sometimes change depending on the situation; a girl I wouldn't normally find attractive becomes attractive to me because of some other qualities she may have.

By ruling out entire groups of women you're only limited your own opportunities for sex and love.

• Ya-Hoo

You're allowed to be attracted to whatever you want.

To each his or her, own.  Some people prefer white meat opposed to dark meat on a Turkey dinner.