Alamite92 asked in SportsMartial Arts · 1 month ago

how many years of karate would it take before you are able to break a board?

Everyone different and learn at different speeds. I will not go into how long it really takes. It not long time at all.

@Jim R.."Boards are relatively easy to break, and are not at all the purpose of training."

Not true at all. I have literally seen a master level try a break at a demonstration and had problems.

And than i have seen children who are not even 8 years old break boards.

Even Bruce Lee's quote "Boards do not hit back" That another LIE. They can. I seen and have happen where a board just not cooperate. And i seen a board actually hit back. A splinter nearly cost me my eye. Back before safety glasses were widely used.

I have even seen pieces bounce up and hit people back.

Breaking boards really are not purpose of training but they are a great indicator of focus and internal energy. And truly the only way to test.

And FYI anyone can learn to break. Not everyone CAN break.

I seen it from time to time. Where a couple pieces of wood kicked their as$. Turn a calm person into a crazed lunatic, i seen people hit boards so hard you can actually hear the bones snap.

Not every one is honest and they cheat.

Some ways look impressive on amount of boards or bricks, but are very much a non true break.

So have you figure out how long it takes?

I give you a hint. It does not take long at all to learn. It does take a lifetime to master. It looks easy but is more complex than anyone thought.

As i said many can learn to break a board. It even less that can actually break a board. It even less that can actually break something and not even be phased by it. Cause it is not all strength. It more technique and correct training.

It is the correct training of the breaking that actually takes time. Not the actual learning of the breaking technique.

• Bon

Depending on your instructor and your training, it is usually done on your first rank test which is less than 1 years for most people.

• Jim R

None.

Boards are relatively easy to break, and are not at all the purpose of training.