Scientists know God was never required for anything. So why not throw the God fantasy in the garbage where it belongs?

There will always be research opportunities but scientists know nothing was a magical event, not even the beginning of the universe. The god of the gaps has run of hiding places. A god with nothing to do is a god that doesn't exist. So why not throw the god thing in the garbage? 

This is the 21st century. The god-soaked live in the Dark Ages.

Update:

"User" pretends he is a scientist but he believes the Magic Man did it. A scientist who believes in magic is not too bright.

Update 2:

Also, "User" is a science denier. Evolution makes him cry. Can you imagine a scientist who is a science denier? Not too bright.

Update 3:

Also, "User" is a bible thumper. A bible-thumping scientist. If he is a real scientist, then I'm the Pope.

Update 4:

Anonymous, I don't like to block people, but I made an exception for you. You will never learn how to grow up.

Update 5:

"Less than 10% of scientists are atheists." Your dishonesty is typical for Christians. Virtually all the best scientists in the world are atheists, aka normal people. For example, most biologists have never met a theistic biologist.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Wise people did that long ago.  

That god fantasy has proven to be the very worst idea a human ever had.

Religion is greed and lust for power organized, and enabled.  Bad guys held in high esteem, and good folks placed at the bottom, and taken advantage of.

The garbage seems too good a place to toss that foul thing.

• 2 months ago

Neither science nor scientists can remove sin from the human soul.

• Misty
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

I'm with you, its long overdue.

• 2 months ago

If that's the case, then why do the majority of scientists believe in God? Less than 10% of scientists are atheists. You would think the statement "scientists know" would imply a majority.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Make a fly if you can, or just one self-replicating blade of grass from scratch, then get back to us about how smart you are, sparky. Until then, you should really shut that ugly pie-hole of yours. You're making an @ss of yourself.

• User
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

1) Scientists know God was never required for anything.

No scientist knows such a thing.

Knowing such a thing is quite literally impossible (as far as we know).

2) So why not throw the God fantasy in the garbage where it belongs?

Well...

since your reason for doing so is not only incorrect, but also impossible

it seems that we shouldn't do that...doesn't it?

3) There will always be research opportunities

Well...THAT'S likely to be untrue...

4) but scientists know nothing was a magical event

No human scientist knows that

or can possibly know that.

But even if they could...how is that relevant to religion or God?

5) not even the beginning of the universe. The god of the gaps has run of hiding places.

It cracks me up

when atheists use "no god of the no gaps"

in the unreasonable attempt to disprove God.

6) A god with nothing to do is a god that doesn't exist.

How so?

Please explain.

Me: Bach Sci Physics 1989

Your credentials?

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You seem to have very little life experience

• Because if they do, the religious will start crying and claim that they’re being persecuted. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.