Hypothetically, if I went to court charged with burning a Bible and a National Flag.....?

and I said in my defence that it was no different to burning a phone book and a bed sheet. Could or should a Judge treat me harshly because he believes that objects are sacred..?

An individual was charged with a hate crime for them painting over 'blm' on the street.  Would you be charged with a hate crime if it was a different word?  Probably not.  If they can be charged for that, you can be charged for it as well.  

Destroying your own property is not the same as destroying someone else's property (e.g., the BLM painting referenced in your "Favorite Answer").  Your hypothetical is not even a criminal act, in the USA, so that's your "defense".  The "reason" underling "free speech" isn't generally relevant. That's the whole point.

The real issue here is whether a Judges superstition would affect the outcome

IN the US, you would not go to court for those things, they are not illegal.

Hypothetically, a procecutor would not have you in court if burning a Bible and a National Flag was not illegal in the first place.

Therefore, your so called "defense" would hold zero value.

Because, remember, hypothetically, you did break the law.

There is no law against burning a Bible or national flag so you would not be in court.

Where I live neither of those things is illegal. So I couldn't tell you what the laws on that might be in your country. 

For the most part, there wouldn't be a difference. Burning a bible or the flag would be charged the same as burning any other book or any other piece of cloth. If you burn the flag in the same manner as you could legally burn any other piece of cloth, there wouldn't (or at least shouldn't) be any charges against you.

A possible difference might be if the item you burn was burned as part of a hate crime, where states have additional hate crime legislation, it could result in a modified sentence.

• Sally

Those things have happened and the courts all ruled that it was protected behavior under the First Amendment.

Those things aren't illegal. They are the balywick of the left but the right believes in free speech.  The left however wants to control speech, language, history and expression.

In Illinois, they're proposing banning all history classes.You have a candidate that is openly racist but tries to brainwash everyone into thinking the Republicans are racist.https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/biden-racial-jun...