Matt
Matt asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

If you’re a Trump supporter and an anti-vaxxer, would you trust a Coronavirus vaccine endorsed by Donald Trump?

• HMFan

Regardless of being a Trump supporter or any vaccine “endorsed by” Trump, the virus itself and our reactions to it as a species are not tied to political affiliations. The virus isn’t a member of one party or the other and it doesn’t care whether you’re liberal or conservative. It simply wants to infect you and propagate; that’s all. If and when an efficacious vaccine is found, as many people as are willing to be vaccinated should be. Those who choose not to (for whatever reason) choose a path of higher risk but hopefully their natural immune systems can handle the infection and they can come through the process relatively unscathed. Hopefully, enough people can build defenses against it so that we can achieve some reasonable level of herd immunity, and begin a slow return to the lifestyles we knew before COVID-19.

• ?

The answer would be "no" for them until it actually happens. When it does happen, they happily do it because they "love America." Of course, on the left, we'd discover extreme unpopularity for the vaccine.

Of course, this would never happen because he needs those anti-vaxxers for support.

You are assuming that we have a choice I dont think that we will have a choice.  As a Trump supporter if we do have a choice in general I dont think I would take it early on. I would just wait around for everyone else to take it then the virus couldn't circulate in the population.  Either way I win, I wouldn't get the virus if most of the population is vaccinated and if something is wrong with the vaccine it wouldn't harm me if I dont take it.  If after some time it seems the vaccine is okay then I would take it.  I dont think what Trump or anyone else says about the vaccine would influence me much I would wait and see if I have that option.

I would but might test the waters and not take it to know in my own mind that people that refused to take the virus could still be good people too.

Only a paranoid schizophrenia would ask that kind of question, as if he personally made the vaccine himself, you are giving him  too much credit

• ron h

I believe in science.  When actual medical experts endorse a vaccine, I'll get it.  Donnie's lyin' and denying have cost thousands of lives.  It's  now been shown that PART of his failure to act was caused by his need to punish cities and states that didn't vote for him.  He was willing to punish all states when he had to do that to punish the "bad" states. And Jared was part of that.  So, no, I would not trust him for the time of day, much less "medical advice." 

.

So, no, donnie's endorsement would be negative. 

.

The donnie / vlad dictatorship marches forward. Donnie believes he's the king and today he signed 4 royal orders. (Those royal orders are likely illegal) But no, his loyalty is to himself, not to America. He's got a 50 year track record of self-serving lies. So, no, I would not trust him for the time of day. 

I would not trust any vaccine. If I just vaccinate against every virus, my immune system will not get stronger and I will not survive when a more dangerous virus shows up in a few years. I would rather beat the coronavirus naturally so that my natural immune system gets stronger and not take the easy option of vaccinating because that will make me weak in the long run.

• Ann

I don't trust anti-vaxxers. I bet they'll be running to get it. This one will be good.

I would trust it more than I would if NANCY PELOSI and CHUCK SCHUMER endorsed it.

'

Trump did give people the CHOICE to try which is something the DEMS talked about but never did.. 

'

The dems rather they just DIES instead of trying something which has the possibility of helping them even if it is experimental.. 

'

IT'S A PERSON CHOICE..

Supporting Trump does not mean I agree with everything Trump says or does. It means I agree with him more than I would the alternatives. While Trump has repeatedly shown the Democratic Party and Liberal Media (and even some Republicans) to be wrong, it only supports trusting him more than those others, but that does not mean he is correct "every" time. Trump is also a "salesman" where he could make the sale before actually knowing if the product works or if there are unforeseen side effects. While life is mostly about risk management, I would not be willing to take that risk since the virus has demonstrated not to be much of a risk to the already healthy.