Scott
Scott asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

Do you have to inform a hotel that you tested positive for COVID-19?

My 23 year old son is waiting for his test results and is feeling almost completely better (except for a mold sore throat).  The reason he thinks he has the virus is because his best friend tested positive and he had symptoms previously in the last couple of days.

But now he will have to quarantine for 10-14 days.  Is he legally obligated to inform the hotel of his medical condition?  

His roommate has asked him to move out and is frantically cleaning the apartment with Lysol spray.

“Mild sore throat,” not mold.

• Lester

You do not have to inform the hotel unless he produces a positive covid 19 test he should just wear a mask to prevent the spread also wash his hands and try as best to avoid touching his mouth nose and eyes he could wear rubber gloves if he has a habbit of touching his face. Side note if he notifies the hotel that he might have it they might refuse his stay there 

I'd suggest, "Hello, my name is X.  I stayed in room Y at your hotel on Z" and I think I have Covid.  Thank you and good-bye."

The contact tracers will do that for you if required.  Just like when someone tests positive for something like syphilis,  they will ask you for contacts of who you were with and they will make contact.