Bobby asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

What to do when an 11 year old kid does not want to drink water but only pop?  ?

How to make her drink water or anything else but pop?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Why do you even have soda in your home?  Offer milk or water at meals and remove the soda.  If he doesn't want either, that's his problem.  He'll start drinking water or milk if there isn't anything else in the house.

• 1 month ago

Only buy Gatorade, and milk. If he will only drink soda, let him get a part time job and pay for it.  Also get frozen OJ, and keep a pitcher of Iced tea.  Average pitcher is 64 oz.  If you use 1/4 cup of sugar, and than add fake sugar, to make the sweet as you like it.  I put 5 packets of fake sugar, my niece likes 8.  My sister only likes all fake sugar.  You can not make him eat or drink something, but he will have to get it himself and pay for it.  If tea, Gatorade,  maybe OJ,   and sugar free Koolaides, either he drinks what you have, or he goes without.  

• car253
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

OMG !  You sound like my co-worker.    It will not harm a kid to drink soda.    My mother put coca-cola in my baby bottle and I survived.     Limit how many soda's to one a day.   The Mexican Coca-cola is best because it has "real sugar" and not corn sweetner.    A few other sodas do the same.   

You are worrying too much.   

• 2 months ago

Soda is literally poison? You should never have it in the house to begin with.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • L
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

STOP BUYING POP!  Then all she will have to drink is water, milk or juice.  Common Sense.

• drip
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Pretty simple. Do not have pop in your home.

An 11 year old isn’t buying the pop for themself. So don’t buy it. 

Have cold water in the fridge. Have lemon or lime or fruit tea bags to flavor it. 

Blame is in the parent for starting this. Now they have to break the habit. 

• edward
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Expel pop from the house

• Eva
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Try a fruit flavored sparkling water and don't have any pop in the house.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yea just stop bringing it home and try to impress upon her how unhealthy that it is. You might try sparkling water or water flavorings.  You are the grown up. Try and keep the peace but rule your roost now or loose her respect forever.

• Kelly
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I seldom let my kids drink soda/pop...   My kids mostly drink water or milk and that's how it's always been.  Pop is a treat.

I wouldn't let my 11 year old dictate to me what they ate/drank or anything else.  I'm their parent, not their friend.

• Jesere
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Are you the parent? If so then be one

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.