Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 2 months ago

Who believes that President Truman did the right thing 75 years ago today ?

Japan had to be dealt with accordingly. The same will happen soon to Iran in 2021. We must finish what Saddam started and eliminate Iran. They pose a threat to US and Israeli interest. 

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Elaine
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

There was no other choice.  While the initial American plan was to invade the Japanese mainland the Americans learned that millions of Japanese were armed and ready to defend their country. The American generals realised that for every foot of ground gained on the Japanese mainland hundred of American soldiers' lives would be lost. Iwo Jima would have seemed like a walk in the park.  In addition those troops who fought in the European theatre knew that after VE Day they would be sent to the Pacific. The bombing of Hiroshima and Nagaski shortened the war by years. 

• jean
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

apparently if they did not do it they would have had to send soldiers in and more allied people would have died.  Its hard to look back and say what should have been done. I

• 2 months ago

Right or wrong doesn't matter when there are no other options.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes I do, it saved countless American lives. Of course iran is a threat to peace but it prefers to wage war through proxies ...too cowardly to have an all out war since the one with saddam. Just funds terrorists across the world and interferes in other Arab countries because of its jealousy of Israel and Saudi.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Iran have not declared war on anyone and haven't invaded a country in over 250 years, longer than the USA even exists in its current format, get your own house in order instead of attacking innocent oil rich countries that won't bend over to your rules

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes  ,I  do ,Millions of US Solders would get  killed

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes. Making a similar decision 75 years later would show a woeful lack of understanding about the nature of atomic weapons and what we now know about them; only an imbecile would think they can be safely deployed.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I don’t. 

Remember, Pearl Harbor was just a limited airstrike with no boots on the ground. Something the US has done hundreds of times since. Almost makes 9/11 justified.

Haha.. Iran. I guess you forgot the CIA orchestrated coup which replaced a democracy with a dictatorship in order to secure cheap oil. Or how they gave Saddam the WMDs that they would later kill him for to gas Iranian civilians. Or how they shot down an Iranian airliner with 290 civilians. 

The most dangerous nation in the world is the USA. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.