What do I do about people sleeping in their cars next door?

Okay I have a question that I’m putting out there: there are people who sleep in their cars in the church parking lot that backs up to my apartment complex, being on the 3rd floor on the end of the complex, I am front and center. I see them looking at my windows, and I feel so uncomfortable. Look I’m not heartless, I know times are tough....BUT I pay way too much to be spied on by people who pay nothing to sleep in their cars. PS they’ve been there since before we moved in back in November AND they’re increasing in number of cars. Theres about 5 or so on average back there, some all day, some just at night. WTF do I do?

I do have curtains that stay shut most of the time, but I do have a spectacular view so I’d like to enjoy it since I pay extra for the unit with a view. My main concern is for the children/animals living in these small vehicles, the dogs relentlessly bark at the dogs at a neighboring house. Also, I’m not heartless, I know some people only have a few options, but this is a long time to live out of one’s car with a kid/multiple large dogs. I’m close to Portland with a TON of new homeless shelters.

Use it as evidence to get them charged,

Answer is simple!

Why not go over to them and offer them a room in your home!

If that does not appeal them LEAVE THEM BE!They are clearly there because the church allows them to be there!

And unless they are on your land you stay off the churches land!

. If they're just minding there own business and causing any problems then leave them alone. I live next to a pond and grown ppl just park there cars and sit there . I have no idea why grown folks would want to be sitting in there cars in front of my house but as long as they dont come on my property or cause any problems with me then we are good

What an interesting story to post from a newly created YA account.

Since they are in a church parking lot you can call them and go over what you have written here.  They may not know they are out there and will need to investigate this situation or they may have given the cars permission to be there.

If you did not get the desired result you could call your local police department and go over your story with an officer.  It will be good if you can describe the cars and give a license plate number.

1 - Invest in drapes;

2 - Notify the Police;

3 - Notify the Church.

Bro sometimes it’s better to mind your own business. Have a curtain on your window, if they are disturbing the peace-you have all the right to talk to the owner of the land. 

• Rick

is that against the local laws ???  let the cops handle it ..............