Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 2 months ago

Why does my fiancé/boyfriend/husband do this?

So my baby father/fiancé/boyfriend/husband. - (not sure what to call him- were not married but together 8 years) well he’s in off to say the least at times. He chocked me and put my head in the toilet during one fight ? He loves me a lot one day then the next is so cold and acts like he hates me. His family hates me and some of his friends make really rude sexual comments about me.. I am a lot younger then him...  we have been through a lot together and I love him but I’m trying to figure out what’s wrong with him. He is also on antidepressants and when he gets off them acts just like well weird 

• Edna

Being on antidepressants doesn't make a man want to choke his partner or put her head into a toilet, and antidepressants don't make him violent. He's psychotic and he's dangerous. 

What is there about this man for you to love?  Forget about if his family hates you or if his friends make sexual comments about you.  Dump this guy before he gets mad at you one too many times, and kills you.    

Question is why are you engaged to a man who abuses you? Why are you even with him? Are you a glutton for punishment?  

• Ocimom

He is abusing you - and you will end up dead one day.  Take the child and yourself to safety and do not let him back in your life.

Before you do anything, pick a category. He's a baby father AND fiance/boyfriend/husband? Odd.

Pick baby father and one other category and then notify the Police that you are being abused.

YOU AND ONLY YOU are subjecting YOUR CHILD to witnessing this person's behavior.  Don't you want more than that for YOUR child?

He is an abuser and once they start they never change.  If you stay with him someday you will probably face him choking you until you are dead.  Get away from him fast.  He doesn't love you, he doesn't even know what love is.

Well, we've figured out together that he's not your husband.  I presume he is the baby's father.  I presume he is your boyfriend.  If you don't know if he's your fiance, I have no clue.

He chocked you?  Do you mean shocked?  Was your body attached to your head when he put your head in the toilet?

He does what he does because he can.

• Caz

You call him your abuser.

Then you call him your ex.

• Tj

He one day will love you to death also. six foot under is where his love will take you. But you go ahead and keep with him, and loving him.

Why are you still calling him fiancé/boyfriend/husband? He's abusing you physically and you put up with that. Why haven't you reported him to the police? Why don't you ask him why he does that? Your (not sure what to call him) should be in an Anger Management Program. You need to be in therapy also. You need support and you need to learn how to deal with him abusing you. 

Perhaps he is having relapse/withdrawal symptoms. Either way he should be taking his medicine regularly and should see a doctor to minimise these symptoms. Needless to say this is violent behavior and you need to stay away from him.