Why are some humans bisexual, gay, or lesbian how does this serve in a evolutionary way why are humans this way?

Why are some humans gay or lesbian that means they don't have kids or "reproduce" why are some people gay or lesbian or bisexual how does this serve in a evolutionary way?

24 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Homosexuality and transsexuality are sins. Evolutionism is a false faith based religion of communism.

Source(s): Jesus is God
  • 1 month ago

It didn't serve any purpose, biologically, and it's not natural! They are sick individuals that either want attention or can't get a member of the opposite sex to date them! 

Source(s): It's in the Bible
  • ?
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Automatic "Darwin Award"  removal of their genes from the gene pool (Though there is no reason why they cannot find a partner and reproduce regardless of their sexual orientation.  You don't have to love the person you have sex with.)

• 1 month ago

The same reason some of us are blonde and some are brunette.  This also does not serve in an evolutionary way.   Why single out this one characteristic?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Let people be. It doesn't affect you and I don't see how it's an issue. I'm not gay, lesbian, or bi but I never want to reproduce. I don't even wanna get married. It's not all on them, and who cares who reproduces or not?

• 1 month ago

they're not well.

its an illness, they're all sick.

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

> how does this serve in a evolutionary way?

Well, the existence of homosexual INDIVIDUALS apparently hasn't stopped the SPECIES from making enough offspring.

Anonymous gave a pretty good answer, except that inconvenient genetics are NOT "quickly eliminated". The dominant ones may be (by sexual selection), but recessive ones like cystic fibrosis have stayed with us for millennia

• CRR
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It can only serve in an evolutionary way if it is a heritable trait, i.e. genetic. There is very little evidence that this is the case.

Evolutionary fitness is measured by reproductive success. The main affect of natural selection is to eliminate traits that do not produce offspring, whether physical or mental; and there are many such traits. 

Obviously being exclusively homosexual results in no offspring, regardless of whether it is heritable. If being bisexual reduces the number of offspring then that too will be selected against.

• 1 month ago

Are we still having enough babies that humanity still exists? Yes? Then evolution doesn't give much of a ****.

• Jim
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

And that's a bad thing???

I read a scientific paper that said sexuality is not X or Y, but a whole spectrum. They identified and least 16 genetic influences, so that would be a wide spectrum. That's just being human, we're all different.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.