RAY asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 4 months ago

can you cook burgers in a microwave?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago

U can but u probably wouldn't want to eat them.It will not brown up.

• denise
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

They would 'cook through' but wouldn't colour or get a 'crust'.

• 4 months ago

Yes, but they aren't as good as grilled and you can only make one or two at a time.. You need to make them doughnut shaped with a hole in the middle. Cook on one side for 40 sec (60 if you do two at a time)' Turn the burger over and cook for another 15 sec (30 for two).

• 4 months ago

you CAN cook anything in the microwave. the real question is should you. Raw meat often gets tough when nuked.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • kswck2
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Apparently you do not live near a White Castle. 

• IvaB
    Lv 5
    4 months ago

I suppose you could if you like wasting money,and ingredients.The microwave is clearly NOT the best tool for the job.If your only cooking option is a microwave,I would look for something else,not a burger.

• 4 months ago

As long as you microwave it on high and cook it thoroughly. But you might want to soak it in lemon juice before hand to keep it lubricated.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

rub the burger with some garlic salt and brush with olive oil and put it in the oven at 400 until cooked through. 

• 4 months ago

Technically yes, you can, at least in my microwave there is a setting for ground beef, but o gawd it comes out absolutely NASTY.

• Adam
    Lv 5
    4 months ago

You’ve never had a rustlers microwave burger then! Yeah you can if it just needs reheating

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.